The Ultimate Ice Ultra Marathon. An Extreme Footrace Through Arctic Sweden.
A 230km self-sufficient ultra-marathon across the Arctic Circle. This is Swedish Lapland, Sweden. It’s Europe’s last remaining wilderness and heartland of the indigenous Sámi people.
Experiencing daytime temperatures as low as -40 degrees, you will battle across snowfields, Arctic tundra and frozen lakes. It’s both challenging and exposed, putting physical and mental endurance to a painful test.
Be ready to take on the conditions that the Arctic Circle can throw at you. As darkness descends, you will feel like the only person on the planet.
This is the Ice Ultra, follow us to adventure.
- Location: Swedish Lapland
- Distance: 230kms
- Stages: 5 stages in 5 days
- Terrain: Snowfields & Arctic tundra
- Red Jersey Stage: 15km frozen lake
- Base Camp: Gallivare
- Finish: Jokkmokk
- Daytime Temperature: -5°C / -40°C
- Evening Temperature: -10°C / -40°C
- Daylight Hours: 8
- Airport: Lulea
- Event Duration: 7 days
- Accommodation: Teepee tents & huts
- Places Available: 3 places remaining
There are only 3 places remaining, get your entry before they’re sold out.
For all the details on the Ultimate Ice Ultra Marathon, click here.