Desert Ultra Marathon
This is the Namib Desert, one of the oldest deserts in the world, a vast region of Southern Africa that has been dry for more than 50 million years. Daytime temperatures at this time of year can reach 50+ degrees but as night begins to fall, and the sunset turns the landscape into something otherworldly, the temperatures can drop to near freezing.
You’re standing in baking heat and dust, surrounded on all sides by sand and scrubland. The Spitskoppe Mountains loom over you, bare rock rising nearly 2 kilometers from the desert floor. You’re a dot on the landscape as you stand on a trail that winds its way through the rocky ground around you and off into sand dunes that shimmer in the heat haze on the horizon.
The Desert Ultra gives you the opportunity to compete in one of the oldest and most hostile deserts in the world. Your entry fee covers the teams and logistics to bring this race to life:
- GPS tracking ensures your safety.
- Manned checkpoints and camps with medical and support staff.
- Provision of drinking water on the course and hot water for preparing food at all camps.
- Race accommodation in tents.
- Transfers to and from the race.
- Storage and carriage of luggage during the race.
- Digital watermarked copies of all photos captured by our professional adventure photographer.
- Race coverage for friends and family back home.
- Race T-Shirt and Finishers Medal.
- Donation to our woodland project to offset carbon from flights.
- Celebratory meal and finish line celebrations.
What’s not included in your entry fee are your flights, additional hotel stays, equipment and clothing (please see kit list) and food and drink during the race (other than water provided at checkpoints and camps).
This is the Desert Ultra. Follow us to Adventure.
Click here for all the details.