3-day stage race. Berg and Bush.
Some of the world’s best mountain biking. Starting at the Em’seni Camp on the banks of the Tugela River, the race winds down some seriously riveting single tracks to Winterton. Awarded the best race in South Africa in 2009, we’ve been getting better and better with each year.
About the Descent
- This iconic event takes riders on Day 1 from the top of the Drakensberg mountains down beautiful meandering single track via Solly’s Folly to our camp on the
banks of the Tugela River
- Day 2 and 3 trails include hand-built single track following the Tugela River
and up and over the infamous Spioenkop Mountain
- Registration for The Descent 2023 will take place at Emseni Camp
- Spend 3 nights at our Race Village selecting from camping options or self-camp or staying in a nearby B&B or hotel
- Shuttles to and from OR Tambo airport are available
- Solo entries available
There is also a 2 Day event option
- Manageable distances (60km, 50km)
- Great for families (15 years and older allowed to ride)
- Stay in one race village
- Fun category prizes *for teams (Mother/child, husband & wife, father/child etc)
- All new Bushbaby category (teams of school-going children aged 15-19 can compete)
Click here for all the details.