Trans-Provence: The Original Alphine MTB Rally is a manifestation of what we believe mountain biking is all about; a melting pot of our sport’s finest ingredient elements.
In physical terms this means a week-long itinerary of true mountain wilderness, a huge and varied catalogue of awesome gravity-fuelled singletrack from the High Alps to the Mediterranean Sea. It exists since 2009 as a rally-style race which many past participants will tell you is more about the adventure than the time on the clock.
Welcome to our website where you can get a taster for it all, or jump right in by applying for entry to the next edition.
Breathtaking MTB-courses through the beautiful landscape of Austria allocate the impressive picture of this four days long mountain bike stage race for ambitious biker. The mixture of big and top sport, is an event-highlight, by which ambitious biker can mess with the pro´s of the scene. In only four days the riders are driving more than 260 kilometers and about 8.750 vertical meters.
Mountainous, Rocky, Single Track
Technical Rating: 9
Embrun to Barcelonnette
Barcelonnette to Villars-Colmars
Villars-Colmars to Valberg
Valberg to Valdeblore
Valdeblore to Sospel
Sospel to Menton
Entry Fee details
Entry pp from R / EUR1595
- Airport transfers to the start and from the end of the event
- A fully signed 6-day route which passes through a huge variety of different landscapes and containsmore singletrack than any other 6-day MTB event.
- Detailed route description booklet
- Groundbreaking multi-timed-stage-per-day format which creates excitement, but equally a friendly and sociable rally-style ambience.
- Vehicle uplifts each morning to the trailhead (intended to maximise the quantity of singletrack we are able to cover daily, not make the route "easier")
- Use of the Mavic® Trans-Provence event standard 1-man tent and thick air mattress
- Use of all campsite facilities at the quality sites at which our nightly camps are located
- Transportation of your kit bag --clothing and bike equipment-- from one camp to the next (i.e. your stuff will be waiting for you when you arrive at camp each afternoon).
- Break-down, transportation and set-up of your tent and air mattress, from one camp to the next (i.e. your tent will already be set up when you arrive at camp each afternoon)
- 3 meals prepared for you each day: breakfast, lunch (+ free-choice feeding station salads & snacks) and dinner (with wine) cooked by the best catering team in the MTB holiday/event business
- Snacks and rehydration on arrival at camp
- Care and attention from professional medical staff, where necessary
- Neutral technical support (+ emergency parts) from a team of pro mechanics, courtesy of MAVIC
- Suspension support (forks and rear shocks)
- 2015 Trans-Provence event T-shirt
- Final night restaurant meal & evening party, overlooking the Mediterranean coast