A one-time race for qualified runners and strictly limited entries only
The islands of São Tomé and Príncipe in the Gulf of Guinea offer a glimpse into forgotten plantations, elegantly built colonial houses, the spectacular tubular Pico Cão Grande, colorful natural beauty in the jungle, and unspoiled beaches.
The race is an unique challenge to run through the archipelago, crossing cocoa and coffee plantations, witnessing the island’s unusual histories, and camping on idyllic beaches where five species of marine turtles still lay their eggs when in season.
Of course, the race finishes at the Equator Line – São Tomé is the closest country on earth to the coordinates 0°N 0°E – where the equator crosses the 0° meridian.
Entry Fee details
Entry pp R37497 to
- individual airport pick-up at São Tomé airport and transport to hotel
- two nights 4**** hotel accommodation incl. breakfast in São Tomé
- opening dinner in the designated hotel in São Tomé
- lunch on Saturday, 15th February
- 6 day race organisation and logistics
- medical support during race days
- all entry fees during race
- finisher trophy and shirt
- one night 4**** hotel accommodation incl. full board on Ilhéu das Rolas
- buffet-style dinner and Award Ceremony
- transport back to São Tomé International Airport by boat and bus/car
- international and national flights
- food during race days
- Visa fees
- separate meals, beverages and tips
- optional extension programs